A Visual Representation of My London Exploration

Okay, now is my moment to throw photos at you! Here we go:

(Just so you know I wrote out this whole post and then the draft deleted itself! The torture! So this is round two) 


This is what Jessica Steven and I look like after 7 months of not seeing each other. 

This is the first day that we went to London (The first time I had ever been!). It was a lot of fun and I actually still have this ticket in the back of my phone case. For some reason I really don't want to throw it away. Probably something along the lines of what an incredible day it was and it was dad's birthday. Success all round. 

Platform 9 and three quarters! We didn't get a picture unfortunately as the line was just too long but how cool, I WAS THERE. That's where Harry met the Weasleys! And, fun fact, JK Rowling's parents also met at King's Cross that's why she chose that station AND it was where Harry met Ginny... I'm keeping my eyes peeled for husbands here.  

This photo features some typical english clouds. Unfortunately that big old clock got in the way of my photo.

Look at this rather-impressive looking mathematician! Oh and that statue. 


I managed to get my tour-guide to hop into this selfie with me, you can just see the enthusiasm in her eyes. 

I honestly feel like this is the most artistic photo I have ever taken. And I'm rather proud. Credit must also be given to my beautiful model.

in an attempt to give me an authentic English experience Jess's family took me to Nando's! Honestly it felt like a piece of home and it was great.

If you are looking at this picture and you know where it is you can get 20 points for Gryffindor. If not, a hint is that I am mid-walk. 

Another hint is that I am writing the lyric "All You Need Is Love" on that wall. Ringing any bells? 

The sign that I am pointing to there says "Abbey Road Studios". ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS. This is where the Beatles recorded, and took the picture for arguably their most famous album. In other words, I walked where The Beatles walked! "There are places I'll remember, all my life..."

This photo actually wasn't taken by Annie Leibowitz funnily enough, but it was taken by Jess Steven so close enough. 

This was my burger from the Camden Market. We bought it from a couple of French guys and after taking 5 years of french in highschool including doing it for matric I mumbled "Merci..." and scuttled off. Nice, Jen. You really excelled yourself. 

I thought of Greg Nelson here at this vintage and maybe not so vintage camera store. Quite cool in my opinion. 

Okay guys listen up. This is a cafe that has come up with a brilliant idea. It is called the Cereal Killer and basically sells every cereal you can think of with every milk. Can anyone have come up with a better idea? A cereal restaurant?! Genius. 

Here are the instructions on the wall: 1)Pick your cereal 2)Choose ya milk 3)Add your toppings 4)Grab a drink 5)Treat yourself to a Poptart or Toast

This is the monument in the neighbourhood called "Seven Dials". That clock up there has seven faces  which is where the name comes from. I thought this pic was cool because a London Taxi snuck into it. Who knew they came in colours other than black? Not me. 

Look at this beauty! I'm talking about Shona obviously who shines so much brighter than the London Eye at twilight. This day was the 24th of September - her birthday!

This pic was taken at Kew Gardens and I rather like it with all those Autumnal colours in the background. I do have a copy of this in which we are looking at the camera but if you are worried about that can I suggest you get over yourself. Oh dear, I'm getting a bit too sassy, time for bed. 

As always, I love and miss you all and I absolutely CANNOT WAIT to see all you South Africans again so soon (5th of November for those who were unsure). Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone. 

Until next time,
Jen x

Comments

  1. Jen I do love your posts even if these 1000 words aren't a patch on your actual ones (plenty of chuckling and guffawing as usual) - however seeing Old Londres through your (beautiful) eyes is fab! Thanks for the post. Miss you as ever xxx AM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you too my beautiful Aunt-Mum! So close now!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts