A Layover

Morning Everybody!

As I write this, I am sitting in Heathrow airport, right next to the little children's play area, which is alright and not too noisy until some poor child's mother storms over to yell at her son or daughter for making too much noise. Tad ironic.

If you're picturing me now lounging in a comfortable chair, laptop casually perched on my knees, feet stretched out in front of me, resting on one of my bags, looking like somebody who has their life very much together, I dearly hope you are correct. That is the exact image I am attempting to project. Internally I am hoping against all hope that i don't miss my next plane and constantly eyeing all my luggage to make sure I have everything. Oh, and I have a teddy bear attached to one of my bags. The picture of maturity. No regrets though.

While I wait, I'll catch you all up on my adventure so far.

Some thoughts from my previous flight:

1) People who think they are comedians commenting on the unlikelihood that my bag will fit in the overhead rack need to shut their mouths and go hug a cactus.

2) The guy in front of me spent the first half of his flight trying to decide how far back to lean his seat and the second half the flight complaining that I was kicking his all-the-way-leaned-back seat which was slightly unavoidable considering the length of my legs and the amount of leg space he'd left me.

3) At the angle I was sitting at, I could see the tattoo of the girl sitting in the row in front of me but one seat to the left. It says "hope"in curly writing and is just behind her ear. My hope for her is that she doesn't regret that in 10 years.

4) Window Seat = Hold In Your Wee.

I've had a couple of little hiccups but I think I'm going to be okay. Thank you so much to all the people who have been constantly reassuring me that I can do this and that I'm going to be alright and also to the people who are always on the other side of the phone when I need you. And also to the people who have read this far into my blog and not excited the page.

You're all champions.

Until next time,
Jen x


Comments

  1. Hi Jen! Katie here, again. When was your second flight?! I mean, you posted this at 02:44 in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait, was it acually in the morning? I think so because it says you posted this at 02:44 and not 14:44. Anyway, I hope (hahaha, like the tattoo) that your next flight was much better!

    Lots of love and missing you so much!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate!! Thanks for the comments, and the second flight was better thank you! The lady next to me chatted and chatted. Unfortunately it was all in Arabic. Lots of love to you xxx

      Delete
  2. I did enjoy reading your description of the flight. I have learned from experience to bag the aisle seat for easy access to the loo. So Grandpa and I take two opposite aisle seats and we can escape whenever we like for whatever reason.

    The window seat is OK but it is only when you start descending through the cloud that you see anything. My abiding memory is cruising round and round London waiting to land flying ever lower and lower. Gives a good view of the greater London area. Fun to try and ID the landmarks.

    Humphrey and Len have gone off to Mowbray to the prize giving for the Walker Cup Golf tournament and to have a few beers with the lads.

    Katie has just come in to show me how to work this blog, so I hope that it will be plain sailing now. Of course the next lesson will be to post a picture, but that is Grade 3 stuff I must get affair with Blog Grades 1 and 2 first.

    I will have yet another lesson to morrow from Chris on the mysteries of Face Book and especially Face time which I believe also give free (?) phone calls. So I will try that too.

    Much love
    Gran xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granny! You're probably better at blogging than I am at this stage as it sounds like you're moving swiftly and smoothly through your lessons. Lots of love to you xxx

      Delete
  3. I did "excite" the page a lot! 😄😄😘😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn. I have always struggled with that word. Embarrassing.

      Delete
  4. Not at all - it was as if intended! 😄 imagining you wrapped in the loving arms of the Nelsons right now... Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You asked me to tell you about what's happening here, Jen, so here's the first one!
    I've got a waterpolo match today! I'm really excited and really nervous at the same time!

    Love you lots,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is pretty nerve-wracking Kate! I hope it goes well, I'm sure you'll be fine xxxx all my love to you and good luck!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts