A Little Post For Now

Hello my friends and my family!

I'll be honest, I'm not having as fabulous a day as one may assume due to a selection of unfortunate occurrences and yet here I am! Happy to be addressing all of my favourite people (yes, if you're reading this you are one of them, even if you think we're enemies, Chris). So this past week... what have I even done? Hmmm, well lets start with the fact that yesterday I jogged a full 8km race!! Without even walking! What. I don't even know. Basically,  I participated in a run called Beat The Bridge to raise money to find a cure for type 1 diabetes. From now on you can call me Mother Theresa. I was part of a team called Dan's Team, Dan being one of the neighbours who has Type 1 diabetes. The team was put together by his sister and my friend, Kim Veldee. Pretty neat, huh? Although I may not have done it very fast (Literally people with strollers and wheelchairs were over-taking me) but I made it to the end. Which is a metaphor for many things I suppose, like trying to eat an entire cake.


This unfortunately is the only photo I have to commemorate this incredible event. But it encapsulates how I was feeling quite well I think. 

Something, also, that I think is worth recording, is that the fact that on Saturday I went next door to Kim Veldee's house to help her get ready for prom. The pictures speak louder than the words in this case: 


 They do the thing with the flowers in the pocket and on the wrist! I was falling about in hysterics over how cute it all was. 
Look at them. The real couple of the night, however, was...

These girls! Of course, you might wonder why Kim is taking out the trash in her prom dress but that bag of trash is actually me latched onto her. 

And because I'm feeling a little windmills-of-my-mind-ish (it's a song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq1aF5mhtvE&spfreload=10) we're going to end of here, rather abruptly. 
Who knows, maybe I'll update you late in the week.

Love to you all.

Until next time, 
Jen x 





Comments

Popular Posts