A Serious Walk, A Little Bowl and Lots of Aeroplanes!

She's back! (Me, I'm the one whose back, hello all!)

I am currently lying on an incredibly comfortable couch with a blanket over my legs and a laptop on my lap feeling a bit knackered. This could be partly due to the fact that I took Breeze, the neighbour's dog, for a bit of a jog. Or rather, breeze took me for a bit of a jog. What I'm sure we were both hoping was going to be a light morning stroll turned into something a little more soul-destroying when I took a wrong turn and ended up looking to google maps to soothe my panic. I still managed to walk in the wrong direction for about a kilometre before turning around and heading home. Breeze was less than helpful on our little adventure, especially considering the fact that she is native to this land and probably knew the way home like the back of her paw.  But there is a moral to this story: Always trust your gut, UNLESS your guy is telling you where to go in which case trust google maps with your heart, soul and life.

It was a beautiful jog though.
I mean, how stunning is this little path? (If anyone is wondering its in the Juanita park somewhere)
Featuring: Breeze AKA girl-Chanderpaul. By the way whenever anyone sees Patrick or Chanderpaul please give them a cuddle from me. Also, Washington in a word? Green. 

Moving swiftly onwards to my next big news! if you follow me on instagram you will be aware that I have officially thrown a bowl! No, I have not had a temper tantrum and taken it out on various bits of crockery! I have crafted with my own two hands a little bowl from a chunk of clay! 

Here is me proudly showing off my art-work. To repeat what I said on instagram - I am finally a Potter (the shirt was a coincidence). 

Exciting thing #3: The Museum of Flight. 
Yes, ladies and gentlemen. I was a lucky chaperone to the Grade 5s of Peter Kirk Elementary. I was kindly invited along and actually had a really cool time despite never having nursed a passion for things that fly. I was so impressed by this museum and even though we were there for a few hours, I still feel like I could go back and get completely absorbed again. 

First of all, this was one of the rooms. I don't know what to tell you. Just a tad mind-blowing. 

Second of all, I was inside Air Force One Y'all! This is where presidents sat! I walked where some presidents walked. That's cool. 

Here are the presidents that were in the plane. HOW COOL IS THAT? I LOVE MUSEUMS. Well, this museum at least. 

Wow, this was a short one. Probably because I feel like I'm in a bit of a funk for some reason. I'm sure it'll blow over. 

I love you all, 
Until next time, 
Jen x


Comments

  1. Hi Jen, great to hear of your news! The museum of flight would be my ultimate, must-do experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine being in Airforce 1 !! I love museums of the transport variety and as for aircraft museums! In London at the science museum you will find me trying to land a small toy helicopter which is difficult and a long queue of small boys waiting patiently for me to land mine at last having witnessed many crash landings first. Helicopters are no joke. Then on to the aircraft history section where you will find me reading every single word of description. I could spend hours there. When you go to London head straight for the Science Museum close to the Royal Albert Hall. You will love it, especially the inevitable shop!
    So Glad you saw Yonn and his family. Please give them lots of love when you see them again. We just loved having him to stay here when he visited and worked here.
    That is the MOST stunning photo of you holding you pies of thrown pottery which turned out very well indeed. Keep it up. It could be quite a good hobby one day.
    xxG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks granny! I will certainly check out that museum! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts