A Dedication to Josie Roux

I'm not saying I'm writing this only because it's procrastination, but it is a stunning day for a run and I don't want to leave the house. And I've got a post to write. I can see you looking at me with those judgemental expressions. I know. I disgust myself as well.

Today is the second of March. We all know what that means. It is the anniversary of the first test flight of the supersonic Concorde. Wow. I'M JUST JOKING! Happy Birthday Josie Roux you stunning girl, I love you a lot. I have decided to dedicate this post to you. Because you are in matric and I know how much that can suck, this post is for those moments when you need to feel better quite badly. I would do this in a list, but I feel like I am in danger of over-using lists.

(If you are reading this and you happen not to be Josie Roux, do not fear! Everyone has days that are just awful so of course this applies to you.)

Put on this playlist: http://8tracks.com/jenw_smith/proof-for-josie or one similar. May I suggest that you compose yourself a playlist of songs that make you feel better. Or maybe an audiobook or a podcast. Something that helps your brain switch off for a bit.

Run a bath. Don't scoff! Everyone has baths in their houses and they never use them. Why have them dammit! They are great. If you are reading this and you can't remember the last time you had a bath you better start organising yourself one because you will feel ten times better at least, guaranteed. Please. And then send me a picture of your bath. I'm being serious. Add bubbles, salts, a bath bomb all those things that people give you as gifts when they don't know you that well. They may not know it but they're giving you an incredible gift: time for yourself. #deep.

Give yourself a bit of a pamper. Use a lotion. If you live in my house I've got a load of them, help yourself, they're in my room. And if you happen to visit my house don't hesitate. Run yourself a bath and ransack my bedroom. No one will judge.

Put on your most comfortable clothes or the clothes that you feel best in. If you find yourself in jarmies and the pair of badass combat boots, that's fine! You're doing this for you.

Now go to the kitchen. Boil the kettle. Get out a plate. I'm thinking snacks. Whether its a stack of cupcakes or some carrots with hummus it doesn't matter, as long as you're going to feel better during and after the snack. I usually go for chocolate if its available - my weakness. The kettle is probably boiled by now, sort out a cup of tea or coffee or hot chocolate.

Find a comfy spot. Grab a good book or an episode of a TV program or a movie. Chill for a bit. This may be impossible and you find yourself needing to do some work. That's okay too. You're comfortable, you have a snack, you have a cup of tea. knuckling down might actually be a bit easier than it was an hour ago.

Those are my pro-tips for when you need some chill-time or you just had a crappy day. Or a normal day. Heck, why don't you start running that bath right now. I realise that even though I said I wouldn't do this in a list I have done it exactly in a list except without the numbers. We all have our flaws.

I love you all so much.

Until next time,
Jen x



Comments

  1. Jen - once again your post has made my day!! I'm totally going to bath (after I've popped to Murray Rd and raided your bedroom) ...! Where on earth did you get hold of that pic???!!! Don't you just love what you are both wearing under your fairy dresses 😂😂😂😂😂 love you so much AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! Baths are massivelu underrated. I think I got that picture from when we scanned in a whole of photos for your 50th :) I love our choices of underwear for those dresses! Love you so much xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts